Welcome to the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, the primary organization supporting competitive racing in Northern California. Through our efforts to promote, coordinate and administer organized racing, we help make competitive sailing in the Bay Area possible. more...
The YRA offers racing for all types of boats and sailors with four different types of series or events, each representing a specific type of racing or types of boats:
- The YRA Spring and Summer Series: Bay racing for fleets using the PHRF handicapping system (HDA) as well as for One-Design fleets (ODCA).
- The Ocean Series (OYRA): Ocean racing sailing under PHRF, includes a short-handed division. Courses range from 25 – 88 nautical miles starting in San Francisco Bay.
- The Wooden Boat Series (WBRA): Bay racing for the following wooden one design fleets: Bear, Bird, Folkboat, IOD and Knarr.
- Weekend Regattas: YRA's marquee race weekends: The Great Vallejo Race, the Westpoint Regatta, the 2nd Half Opener & the Season Closer. PHRF, One-Design, Multihull, Non-Spinnaker & Short-Handed Divisions are available.
- 2016 Master Calendar, PHRF Renewals and Race Sign-ups
2016 YRA Memberships and PHRF Renewals are now available through Jibeset.net!
Click HERE to register for your 2016 YRA Membership and to renew your PHRF Certificate for 2016. Don't forget, current YRA Members get a significant discount on PHRF Fees, are eligible to race in YRA races, and get complimentary changes to their PHRF Certificates over the course of the year. You don't need a paper form if you are renewing a boat with no changes to it's 2015 configuration. If you have a new boat, or have made changes to your 2015 configuration you'll need to complete the 2016 PHRF Application HERE.
Looking for the 2016 Master Calendar? You can find it HERE!