Welcome to the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, the primary organization supporting competitive racing in Northern California. Through our efforts to promote, coordinate and administer organized racing, we help make competitive sailing in the Bay Area possible. more...
YRA racing is comprised of four charter associations, each representing a specific type of racing or types of boats, and the PC Series:
- HDA (Handicap Divisions Association): Bay racing using the PHRF handicapping system.
- ODCA (One Design Class Association): Bay racing for one design fleets
- OYRA (Offshore Yacht Racing Association): Ocean racing using displacement/waterline divisions sailing under PHRF and includes a short-handed division (on request). Courses range from 25 – 88 nautical miles starting in San Francisco Bay.
- WBRA (Wooden Boat Racing Association): Bay racing for the following wooden one design fleets: Bear, Bird, Folkboat, IOD and Knarr.
- PC Series (The Party Circuit Series): YRA's 3 marquee race weekends: The Great Vallejo Race, the 2nd Half Opener & the Season Closer. PHRF, One-Design, Multihull, Non-Spinnaker & Short-Handed Divisions are available.
- 2014 Master Calendar, PHRF Renewals and Race Sign-ups
Only a few more weeks and the year 2014 kicks off. Ready to renew your 2013 NCPHRF Certificate and purchase your 2014 YRA Membership? We'll start processing 2014 Certificates abd Memberships starting on December 15th. You'll be able to access the 2014 online registrations system starting on 12/15 by visiting the YRA pages on Jibeset.net. Remember you don't need a paper form if you are renewing a boat with no changes to it's 2013 configuration. If you have a new boat, or have made changes to your 2013 configuration you'll need to complete the 2014 PHRF Application (available as a fill-able form HERE or as a printable form HERE.
Looking for the 2014 Master Calendar? THe Latitude 38/YRA Publications will be mailed out right around the first of the year. The online version, with the USCG Permit numbers will be available after January 1 as well.