Welcome to the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, the primary organization supporting competitive racing in Northern California. Through our efforts to promote, coordinate and administer organized racing, we help make competitive sailing in the Bay Area possible. more...
YRA racing is comprised of four charter associations, each representing a specific type of racing or types of boats, and the PC Series:
- HDA (Handicap Divisions Association): Bay racing using the PHRF handicapping system.
- ODCA (One Design Class Association): Bay racing for one design fleets
- OYRA (Offshore Yacht Racing Association): Ocean racing using displacement/waterline divisions sailing under PHRF and includes a short-handed division (on request). Courses range from 25 – 88 nautical miles starting in San Francisco Bay.
- WBRA (Wooden Boat Racing Association): Bay racing for the following wooden one design fleets: Bear, Bird, Folkboat, IOD and Knarr.
- PC Series (The Party Circuit Series): YRA's 3 marquee race weekends: The Great Vallejo Race, the 2nd Half Opener & the Season Closer. PHRF, One-Design, Multihull, Non-Spinnaker & Short-Handed Divisions are available.
- Upcoming YRA Events
The YRA Presents: An Evening with Dave Perry
The Yacht Racing Association is pleased to announce the next event in our series of popular Racer Socials. Please join us on Wednesday March 18th at the Encinal Yacht Club for an evening with Dave Perry, an expert on sailing and racing rules. We'll spend the evening discussing racing rules and will finish with a question and answer session with Dave. More details about the evening will be available shortly, but you can register now. Admission to the talk is only $20. A pre-talk buffet dinner, beginning at 6pm, will be available as well. We expect this to be a very popular event and space is limited to the first 150 registrants so be sure to make your reservation soon! YOU CAN REGISTER HERE.
The 2015 Great Vallejo Race! - May 2nd and 3rd
Sign up now!.
Download the NOR here.
Find information on all our Racing Opportunities
Spring and Summer Series
- 2015 Master Calendar, PHRF Renewals and Race Sign-ups
Now is the time to get your 2015 PHRF Certificate!
Click HERE to register for your 2015 YRA Membership and to renew your PHRF Certificate. Remember, YRA Members get a significant discount on PHRF Fees, are eligible to race in YRA races, and get complimentary changes to their PHRF Certificates over the course of the year. You don't need a paper form if you are renewing a boat with no changes to it's 2014 configuration. If you have a new boat, or have made changes to your 2014 configuration you'll need to complete the 2015 PHRF Application HERE.
Looking for the 2015 Master Calendar? Click HERE
- Upcoming Safety at Sea Seminars
Sunday, March 1, 2015 8:30 am - 12:30 pm, Encinal Yacht Club. Sponsored by the Singlehanded Sailing Society. 4 hour seminar satisfies NCORC, OYRA, SSS, and Long Pac Safety at Sea Seminar Requirements. Get more information HERE.
Sunday, May 17, 2015 8:00 am, Encinal Yacht Club. Sponsored by the Pacific Cup YC. All day seminar meets Pac Cup and most US ocean race requirements. Get more information HERE.